7. Balance of power.
With consciousness comes power. The highly-conscious may unwittingly try to exert that power over their partner. Tread lightly on the idea of teaching your mate how to grow into a more conscious life. Allowing authority figures in a relationship can lead to a power imbalance and a breakdown of loving affection. Teacher-student, leader-follower, guide-disciple; these relationships traditionally mean one holds more power than the other. Healthy relationships maintain a good balance.
So whether you find yourself on the upper or lower rung of a consciously staggered relationship, remember to:
- Love and accept yourself and your partner for who you both are
- Enjoy your journeys through life and love, separately and together
- Keep moving at your own pace, for your own reasons
- Enjoy the perfection in who you and they are
- Focus on what works for your life now, instead of looking back or setting a schedule
- View your partner as your peer, and treat them with love, compassion and respect
- Be your partner’s ally, not their authority